Activating on Verizon

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by astrocramp, Jan 25, 2009.

1. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

now that sounds like a good idea. thi for sure may have helped out more than 1 person.thnak you.
    is there anything else you'd like to add?
    i know i told CS that it wa sa q9c refurb and that is why i was told i had to have the $30 data plan. maybe thats where i went wrong. ill start over since it doesnt show up what kind of phone it is in the vzw system thus keeping CS in the dark so i can get it all straten out. lol
  2. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

yea that is my guess why they forced you to grab the $30 smartphone plan, and why I don't want to call in. Can't think of anythign else besides the fact of making sure you are on a Natiowide plan and adding vpak to any dumbphone or what have you prior to doing a *228 to get back to the Nap.

I kinda have an out tho because I've had numerous moto test devices on my account over the years and it is logged as they know I have a family member who can get me phones directly from Moto. Well I should say use to work there being they got there pink slip early last year but it's still an excuse for me now tho...lol they don't need to know he doesn't work there anymore. Normally I just play the game and tell them it is my Maxx Ve that comes up the same way as these Naps do.

Anywhoo yea it would be good to know if this trick does work for others who have had an issue or got stuck buying the more expensive data plan when it isn't needed really.
  3. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

I have two Q9n one Q9c and a XV6800
    I have been switching back and forth doing hacks on the Q9c per #35
    No problem until Saturday night when I tried to reactivate the Q9n by *228 option 3 it told me it was going to connected me to tech support but then it was after hours and told me to call back.
    I was kind of worried so I decided to try to activate the XV6800 it worked.
    The next day I tried to activate the Q9n and this time it worked.
    Don’t know why.
  4. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

From what I was told sometimes the *228 option 3 is a flute and just does not work. I swapped phones last week for my boss going from a way E815 to a newer E815 and it would not work and transferred me to CS. According to the guy on the phone he was surprised I had never run into the issue before as it is not anything abnormal for the OTA activation to not work according to him. FYI tho it is in fact the only time it has happened to me tho.
  5. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

^sorry offtopic. but do you know anyone who may want 3 new e815's cheap loaded?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  6. occfan

occfan New Member

ill,try that
  7. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Kinda curious if either of you guys tried my info out and what were the results if you did.
  8. String

String Member

I just received this phone, and I cannot understand why verizon passed.
    2 questions
    1) Can someone point me to the GPS fix for this device?
    2) Is ICS setup and can I use WMWifiRouter on this phone?

Thanks
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

ICS is hidden away in windows folder. It's called IntShrUI.exe. Just make a shortcut in the Start Menu using Total Commander or your favorite registry editor. I used it succesfully with my laptop running vista. Another member here tried it but couldn't get it to work.

WMWifiRouter wouldn't install when I tried it.
  10. Beefy

Beefy New Member

getting a napolean

ok, im getting a napolean from somebody who may have got it from the kenilworth, New Jersey. He activated it on verizon n said he has had no issues. Im not sure if its a 3.1 or 3.2 yet but will find out when it arrives. My plan is to take both my current phone (LD Dare) and the napolean to the verizon store to activate it and everything. Should i not do that? will verizon not do it because its the napolean? Im thinking about doing the transfering online but i wanna make sure i dont get the email and internet features. I dont have that kind of plan right now so i need to make sure i dont get those features.
  11. String

String Member

I would not do that. It is a very easy activation. See this post.
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/moto-q-9n/activating-on-verizon-31042.html#post288939
  12. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

No way should you take the Nap to the store and have it activated IMHO. You will get questioned like no bodies business being it was never an actual released phone for VZW. Plus it is marked right on the side "Not for resale", so as I said IMO that would be a bad plan.

Now for your concern just login into your my account and make sure you have the Vcast vpak on your current plan/phone ( ie LG Dare). if all is good turn of your Dare and then activate it over the air by dialing *228 and select option 3 and you should be good to go. To be safe on the e-mail thing just go back in and double check your my account after you have the Nap activated and make sure the e-mail/data pak is not on your account. It's almost a given it will not be because if you had to do it you would have to accept it when doing the activation.
  13. Beefy

Beefy New Member

14. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

Napoleon Envy!
  15. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Them asking to many questions about you having a phone that was never released and having your account flagged possiblly. To further add, them to start looking into more of these devices being on the network even. And if they caught on who knows maybe we all would get stiffed and have to pay for the more expensive data plan whihc is wh ya lot of us want them, and that would be way BAD as it would get a lot of folks irritated for sure I'm guessing.

Secondly there is no reason to go into the store to ahve it done when you could take care of it in a matter of less then 5 mins without wasting a trip to the store. Hekc I won't even call in to CS about the device when it is active if I had to. I swap to a differnt phone then call in if I have an issue. Less questions the better IMO.
  16. Beefy

Beefy New Member

ok thank you, i'll try that. Also what are the big concerns if i have a 3.1?
  17. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

I thought I might offer a bit more. I have been in a Verizon stores on 3 separate occasions, and no one has every expressed concern. In all instances, the staff had no knowledge of the Nap but thought it was cool.

John
  18. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Older hardware if I'm no mistaken that is no the best to have as it had issues.
  19. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

I had no problem activating my n by *228 option 3.
    I already had unlimited data plan.

It would be interesting to see if you could activate it without the data plan.

I would not take the phone into the store and if they ever ask me I’m telling them it’s a Q9c!
  20. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

I would personally never tell them that. As soon as you say it is a q9c or q9m they will force you to get the smartphone data plan which is twice the price of a normal data plan on a dumbphone. And being the Nap does not get recognized by there system there is no point in spending money that doens't need to be spent IMO.