Activating on Verizon

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by astrocramp, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

HA !!! I was just thinkin' about a cup of coffee . . . :) -Q
  2. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Well to report back all is good on my end. Got it done late last night via online. He tried OTA first but it was wanting to transfer us to CS. I said the heck with it and lets do it online to see what was up which I figured out real quick why we were being transferred. Anywhoo plugged the MEID in and low and behold no trouble at all. And here is how I figured it out as it displays as a Q9c when viewing My Account. The reason that is odd is because when I called in they never even asked me what phone type it was I just gave them the MEID and the lady processed it threw for me, there is a resaon for this I think but that I can not go into. Anywhoo I'm wondering if they are cathcing on to these MEID's being they are all in the same range or what. I know at least 5 of the ones I've had are all in the same range as the only difference between them is the last 2 digits everything else is the same. However my orginal Nap which I still have also is a totally different MEID but that one I think is a HW 3.2 or 3.2b as it has no dots on the d-pad, all the others that are in range are the 3.2c with the dots.
  3. ranch

ranch New Member

A4500

Would it make sense when calling in to say you have a Moto A4500 now? With the FCC giving it's blessing, CS shouldn't nag about needing to send it in for testing as it's basically the same hardware. It would also better explain to CS why the MEID isn't in the database yet. Just a thought.
  4. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Ranch . . . No way!!! Absolutely the worst thing anyone could do right now. Just wait for the (non)release. :) -Q
    (2 U from my Q9Nap)
  5. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

its a good thought but, you could be lighting a fire that wont blow out.so its not a bad idea at all just risky.
  6. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

So in summary there is only one poster who can not activate a China Nap or are there more users who were refused?
  7. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

I've had contact with at least 2 people who have had theres refused so far both of which had them active at one time but swapped phones and now they can not get them back on. There is another poster that they told him it must be sent in to TX for review before anything can be done.
  8. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

there are 3 more i know of.
  9. mick4394

mick4394 Member

I'm stuck, at this point.

My account has been flagged, similar to Aixelsyd's buddy's situation. My former contact now won't return my calls and emails. I'm getting stonewalled, with everyone I talk to at VZW.

This really sucks. I'm stuck using a SLVR. It especially pisses me off because I was given false information.
  10. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

starting to sound to me like the days of getting these added are coming to an end. Specially if you get one of the idiots on the line who then have the account flagged to the point of nothing being able to get done.
  11. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Way back when...when I said that it was "hit OR miss," depending on the techs you get to talk too, I was thinking that this would happen more and more as more Naps make it into the wild. It's a sad state and a real shame what some techs are doing. It is a fact that at least two MAJOR government agencies have a TON of Naps in the field so it really isn't an actual problem with physically activating a Nap. What it is, IS, getting an accomidating tech who knows what they are doing. Sad, very sad. :) -Q
    (2 U from my Q9Nap)
  12. mick4394

mick4394 Member

That's the feeling I'm getting too.

Looks like playtime's over guys. It was fun while it lasted.

All I have to say is, don't deactivate your Naps unless you're comfortable with the idea of never getting it activated again. The way it went down with me, I was practically tricked into deactivating mine.
  13. Jared234

Jared234 New Member

I'm Red Flagged, have been refused a bunch of times.
    Have a nice little $300 paperweight
  14. mick4394

mick4394 Member

Really, all we can do is hope that *228 option 3 works again, at some point. Though, I realize this is hoping against hope.
  15. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

I'd look into the fact that if they refuse to activate an obviously "activatable" phone if that doesn't void your contract. VZW is just wrong here. We all know there is absolutely no viable reason to NOT activate a Nappy except for the whim of some ill-trained tech or CS rep. IMHO :) -Q
  16. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Per what I was told while getting my MEID added she said the plan is to have it back the way it was, but it will be some time before it is done. They need to get all the other network updates done prior to messing with the OTA activation again.
  17. mick4394

mick4394 Member

At least it gives us something to latch onto, but I'll still be amazed if it happens.

Option 3 was something that we couldn't even dream of a couple years ago. It kinda sucks having something so great only to have it snatched away not long after its creation.
  18. GoldMembr

GoldMembr Member

Why don't you and the other few that have been flagged on your account do like Aixelsyd did with his buddy's China Nap. Have a friend with a Verizon Wireless account attempt to call tier 2 tech support and try to have it added to the database under their account that isn't flagged. From what i gathered that is what worked for those 2 where his friends account was flagged so he did it for him on his non flagged account. Wouldn't hurt to try at this point right.
  19. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Yep that is exactly what happened and how I did it. I originally did not want to get involved with it if I didn't have to just for the principle of it. As I told him when he got it there would be some worked needed to get it activated which he was fine with. However with him not listening to me and getting his account flagged I didn't have much choice as he wanted to me to eat the cost of the phone which I was unwilling to do needless to say. So I finally took it upon myself to move forward and had no trouble.

One thing I would like to mention is I would not use a different line on say a family shared account tho. If anyone does go this route you really should be trying to use an account/line that has never been called in on to do this. It may not matter but why press it if you have already been blocked in getting it added. Originally I was concerned about calling in on the same MEID seeing as my buddies accoutn was flagged but after doing it on my account I guess it doens't matter as all the details are flagged to his specific account.
  20. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

My independent dealer has no problems adding MEID through his connection. I may be buying two more Naps from MOTO just to prove that again.