Activating on Verizon

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by astrocramp, Jan 25, 2009.

1. astrocramp

astrocramp New Member

Activating on Verizon

Got my napoleon today and I just can't wait to set it up. I called Verizon just now and they said it's still "active on another account" so they won't activate it until it's off the other account. I contacted the seller to see what that's about, but I'm wondering if this other account is some Motorola test account. I hope I don't have trouble activating the phone, did anybody else experience any issues?
  2. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

be careful. that phone could be flaged. try to make a call if its still live to test it.also check with the seller before you go further.you wouldn't want your account to get flaged.
  3. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

OK - so now I own 2 N's. The first was from someone that had had it previously activated. I was able to activate it as follows:

1 - go into phone's programming menu
    # # 0 7 3 8 8 7 * SEND; you are prompted for a code, then type in 000000

2 - navigate to Extended Nam > Nam 1; change MIN to your 10 digit number and MDN to your 10 digit number. Save it then the phone will reboot.

3 - *228 option 3

4 - *228 option 1

5 - reboot

The above being said, I agree with Moto Maniac, check with seller first
  4. astrocramp

astrocramp New Member

Thanks guys, the programming options didn't work, the automated service said the phone was active on the network. I have checked with the seller, he mentioned that the guy he got it from may have forgotten to deactivate it - crossing my fingers.

I love this phone - it's an absolute damn shame moto killed it. This is the best phone for OTA Exchange i've ever used - the keyboard is outstanding, the homescreen has everything you need at quick access, the screen rocks, it has tons of features even wifi, and of course global roaming. An absolute damn shame - I'm tempted to get some venture capital and buy the design from moto ;-).
  5. cbettag

cbettag New Member

I am interested in any information regarding activating a Q9n purchaed off ebay. Mine is in the mail now & I was planning on activating it on Verizon and using it as my primary phone.

I did not do any advance checking regarding whether or not the phone is activateable (sp?).

Thanks in advance for any info.
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i asked you not to
    for future reference do NOT double post

as you can see your question was answered in the other thread...
  7. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

was that the seller from kenilworth NJ? if so i dont think that unit will go live. his h/w versions were early 3.1 's that had audio problems/etc
  8. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

The one I got is at http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-MOTOROLA-Q9-NAPOLEON-WORLDWIDE-GSM-CDMA-L-K_W0QQitemZ120369633875QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item120369633875&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A13%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

sold by lroc1 out of Kenilworth, New Jersey, United States

I hope it’s the real deal!
    Is it a brick?
  9. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

10. n99hockey

please stop posting the same info over and over again

we get it...you got your from off ebay...3 times is enough

-Sent from my Q9n
  11. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

Excuse me I was reading a thread and I seen that Moto Maniac mentioned a seller from Kenilworth NJ? Selling bad phones on Ebay so I was trying to find out if it was the same guy I got my phone from.
    It was the first time I made that post in this thread.

I did repeat it in another thread when someone asks the question where is everybody getting the Q9n.

And I mentioned once in the Thread about gps fix.

Is that not allowed?
  12. n99hockey

link to the original post...no need to keep posting
  13. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

Each of the posts was not identical. I added information in each post.
    But I got your point, Thanks
  14. cbettag

cbettag New Member

umm.... I think there are a couple of different members in the same boat (buying the phone off ebay from the same buyer). Yes there are some duplicate posts, but not all from the same person.

We are ALL pretty passionate about the Q (and the Napoleon) - this will be my third Q-series phone. I hope that those of you who already own the holy grail of phones (the Napoleon) understand the anxiety some of us potential owners have about acquiring a working phone. Please excuse our overexcitement.

That having been said, I for one will not post again until I receive the new phone - then I will report back on my experience.

Cheers all
  15. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

PM me on the cool, I want to hear what you got.
  16. astrocramp

astrocramp New Member

I got mine from that seller also - it wouldn't activate on Verizon but the sim card slot worked. I sent it back and he's supposedly sending me a new one, he has several.
  17. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

if it not 3.2 h/w it is a waste of time.he must know that if he is able to unlock it or have the unlock so you were able to use it in gsm mode.watch vzw doesn't catch on when you call again to turn on the unit he is sending yu know.thatll be 2 flags raised.

18. astrocramp

astrocramp New Member

Got it and it activated successfully!! How can you tell if it's a 3.2 hardware version? The thing is brand new, still has the screen cover and fingerprint plastic cover on it.
  19. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

I want to know too .I got TWO coming in the mail. Let us know how it works .

Someone with a Q9n install Chartcross GPS test and post a screen shot
    I want to see how it looks.
  20. astrocramp

astrocramp New Member

doctorq2u - the seller is legit. He sent me a replacement quickly when the one i bought wouldn't activate. I just activated it on VZW and am happy as could be.