A2DP/Bluetooth

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by Q-er, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Q-er

Q-er New Member

A2DP/Bluetooth

Hi guys! Question. Recently swapped to the Ozone from Q9m. On my Q, I was able to hear music/stream thru my Jabra(?) Bluetooth. Now I am unable to on the Ozone. I checked w/Verizon & Best Buy. VZ said the headset had to be "stereo"; Best Buy said the phone has to have A2DP capable. Well, I'm assuming my original BT IS a stereo headset if I was able to play music on my Q; and when you check the compatible formats on the Ozone, it says A2DP is one of those formats. Ugh!

The Best Buy guy told me I could try downloading a hack that will enable "wireless handset" but the downloads haven't worked. My phone is still only picking up the "handsfree" profile. Is there some app in the phone that I've missed to enable the wireless handset profile? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

Does your Jabra headset go over both ears or one?
    If only one, then it isn't stereo.
    Google for an app called BlueCast.
    It will take all sound from your phone and send it to your BT.
  3. Q-er

Q-er New Member

Thanks! I'll try that. My BT goes over just one ear. I guess what stumped me is that I didn't have ANY problem with it on my Q and I never installed any program to make it work. Hope it works! Will let you know! :) Thanks again!
  4. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

Then that is not a stereo headset.
  5. Q-er

Q-er New Member

Ugh! That sucks! So what am I missing or not understanding? On my Q, when my BT was on, I could listen to my music or stream radio w/out bothering anyone (on my ONE ear BT). Was it the Q or my BT that I was able to do that? According to VZ & Best Buy Ozone is supposed to be able to do the same thing. I did try the Bluecast and it's a no go. If I need to get another BT (1ear), what would/should I get? thanks
  6. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

You aren't missing anything.
    It is functionality that the Q had that the Ozone does not.
    It will work with BlueCast though, I use it.
    You have to pay for BlueCast, otherwise it stops just after 15 seconds or something stupid like that.
  7. Q-er

Q-er New Member

Ah! O.k.! So it was the Q that made it work, NOT my BT. Got it. I saw where Bluecast said it was for WM5, 2003 or EARLIER devices so I thought THAT was the reason it may not have worked. But it WILL work on my Ozone? I haven't seen the price but I'm assuming it's probably cheaper than buying a new BT, huh? :) Man, that was a nice feature on the Q! I would've kept it had it had the GPS/VZ Nav. Thanks for your help Brent372!
  8. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

I think it is like $10 or something.
    I had it from way back when I had an AT&T SMT something-or-other WinMo2003 phone, before A2DP was a standard feature.
    I save all my activation codes so I when I realized that the Ozone didn't do this, I fired up BlueCast.
  9. Q-er

Q-er New Member

Note to self! Great idea. Thanks for the help. I've already purchased & waiting for my code! Oh yeah! :)
  10. Chinamin

Chinamin New Member

OK so I looked around and this program does not stream in Stereo. I found a free program that does the same thing this program does. Its called Bluetooth Audio. Works great.
  11. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

Hmmm.
    I never really thought of that.
    My priorityy wasn't stereo, just sound other than phone calls.
    I believe the OP has the same concerns, but checking out te free app anyways.
    EDIT: I can only find PPC versions of Bluetooth Audio...
  12. HTC_OH_SNAP

HTC_OH_SNAP New Member

Has anyone had this problem with using the A2DP profile...

I have a stereo BT headset that is connected to the phone... listen to music in Media Player. Use task manager to kill Media Player and start pandora. Even though the phone still shows the headset as being connected music plays out through the phone speaker and not the headset. I have to disconnect and reconnect the headset everytime.

hmmmmm...
  13. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

I went to use my Moto HT820 stereo BT today for the first time with my Ozone and I cannot get Media Player to output sound to it.
    The headset is selected for Stereo and not Handsfree BT profiles.
    When it is connected I get NO SOUND from the phone at all. If I disconnect it, music comes from the phone's speaker.
    This is very frustrating.
  14. HTC_OH_SNAP

HTC_OH_SNAP New Member

Connect the BT Headset with both profiles and try to play it again.

If there still is no sound from the Headset - use the rocker to increase the volume on the side of the phone.

I had a problem with this as well... hope this is all it is for you.

Also... sent you a PM on xda asking about which dial pad you had installed and gotten to work on the ozone.

Much thanks!
  15. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

I am using an app called Keypad Number Dialer, developed by a member here. It is a stand alone app and not an "image" that inserts itself into the dialer screen.
  16. Q-er

Q-er New Member

Don't know if this helps or may be a factor but on the Ozone (not my old Q) you have to have the profile on Normal, not Vibrate for it to play thru the BT. On the Q I could have it on Vibrate and still stream/play music thru WM, Skyfire, etc.

Got my key code tho and jammin thru my BT as we "speak".
  17. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

oh.... it just needed a reboot and the stereo BT was working!