A suggestion...

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by MarkHolbrook, Sep 1, 2006.

1. MarkHolbrook

MarkHolbrook New Member

A suggestion...

New Q owner and I have the extended battery.

Would it be possible in the Q store to have a section within cases for "Extended battery"? That way we know which have been proven to have an extended battery model?

So far the only one I see that seems to support extended battery is the aluminum case. Not even sure what brand it is. Are there others yet?

Like everyone else my extended battery cover is the cheeziest thing I've ever seen. But I'm not willing to give up the extra power. I'd rather put the whole thing in a nice new case and forget the extended battery cover problem ever existed.

Thanks
  2. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

Welcome to the forum.

In regards to your question about a case for the MotoQ that will take the extended battery, you should check this out:

[​IMG]

Behold the Fortte "Motorola Q Glove Fit Leather Smartpone Case" :geek:

I purchased this case from Fortte. I can verify that it DOES work with the extended battery as advertised. If you decide to purchase this, and belt clips are your thing, be sure to hit the customize button at the bottom of the page. Get the ratchet style belt clip. That thing is the best belt clip I have -ever- used, bar none. When you unclip from your belt, you can spin the clip around to point down, and it makes a perfect kickstand for your Q. Almost like they designed it that way Wink. This is a very good, and very hand made case. It took them 3 or 4 weeks to get it to me. It probably isn't in the same league as Vaja, but who is? The case fits -very- snugly on your Q, so be prepared to tug and pull a bit to get it on. However, it is a "glove" style case, so it is supposed to be that way. Anyway, here is the link to the product page.

http://www.fortte.com/scr/showproduct.php/205?type=0

Hope you find what you are looking for here. If not, look around the site. I think they have one or two other cases that also work with the extended battery.

CG
  3. MarkHolbrook

MarkHolbrook New Member

Thanks CodeGuy... I'll check it out.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I'm working with the store on getting extended case compatibility listed. From my understanding, none of the existing cases in our store support the extended battery. I'm guessing no one realized the popularity of the extended battery.

-Chris
  5. inf3st

inf3st New Member

they were just so darn cheap.. if u didn't buy one your a sucker. :p i'm tring 2 trade it off now