A sad, illogical story

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Apps and Games' started by Rich Yue, Dec 25, 2010.

?

Does the fact that you can't use M$ points annoy you?

Poll closed Jan 25, 2011.
  1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

44.4%
  1. Rich Yue

Rich Yue New Member

I got a new windows phone on launch day and my friends, struggling to help me indulge, bought me M$ points for X-mas. Alas, they can be used to buy Xbox games, add-ons, movie downloads and rentals, games for windows, software from the M$ store, music from zune marketplace, shows, and music videos. But Windows Phone games must be purchased in cash.....Too bad I sold my Xbox.
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

No. MS points annoy me. I don't like MS points. I think it's a ripoff, because they don't add up correctly ($4.99 = 400pts???). I rather pay with a credit card, which is already set up with my Live account.
  3. Rich Yue

Rich Yue New Member

I would as well. But when people buy me gift cards for Xmas and I don't have an Xbox (or want DRM protected zune files), I want to be able to use those points in a place where most everything costs roughly between $0.99 and $4.99.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Never been a fan of MS points. I never know how much things cost.
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You should try selling it to those websites that give you cash for your gift cards or they can exchange it for another merchant. Not sure how many will accept Zune cards, but you can always contact them to see if they will add it to their list. Just a suggestion. I know that wasn't an answer to your OP.