8gb sdhc card

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by pkowilich, Jan 28, 2008.

1. pkowilich

pkowilich New Member

hard to return it when i got it off ebay. my computer sees it with no problems. the phone sees half of it. i think its still my mini to micro adapter. looking for an "sdhc" one, not sure if that exists.
  2. lodleader

lodleader Member

you are not bleeding edge man because i have card twice the size of yours!
    What dont you get about something you bought is bad?
    Go buy another damn card and try it... jesus
  3. pkowilich

pkowilich New Member

so you have a 16gb card working on your q?
  4. lodleader

lodleader Member

no, i have an 8. I just dont understand why you cant get it through your head that the card you bought might be bad. I mean, i am telling you that a 8GB microSDHC card works fine in the q9c and when bigger cards come out, up to 32GB they will work.

Its simple, buy a card, put card in, if it doesn't work, get a new one.

I'm done repeating myself...
  5. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

No need for hostility... I suspect the card is a 4GB counterfeited and sold as 8GB. Flash memory is one thing I'd never purchase via ebay... too many stories of things going wrong.

Todd/Indy
  6. lodleader

lodleader Member

yeah, that is what i am thinking, but this guy keeps saying everything else but that his card might be bad... doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out
  7. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

nothing wrong with trying different thng before spending more money
  8. rtrip

rtrip New Member

Just stick it into your computer and drag 5 gb of files into it to see if it's counterfit. If it is counterfit it will probably stop well before 3.8 though~
  9. trouthunter

trouthunter New Member

I agree with RTRIP, I have been burned on EBay and only now buy from a good source. Try puting more that 4GB of data, any data and you will see. When I was burned the first time, I was having the same problme you had. I returned the card, never go my money back and the ebayer was shutdown right after I placed it in the mail.
  10. pkowilich

pkowilich New Member

ok lets start again. I have an 8gb card. shows 8gb in a computer. i can copy 7.85gb of files to it with no problems. first thing i tried. in my phone with the different mini to micro adapter i can only see 3.6gb, more or less 4. so by being able to use it with no issues in my computer, im guessing the card is good. hence i keep asking what else i can try to get it to work in my phone. my next step is hard reset and see if it works... i've done a lot of tweaks to the phone. my goal for this whole thread is to help others when and if they have issues so we can all learn from each other. if the solution was as simple as gettting a new card if it was bad, i would have done it.
  11. pkowilich

pkowilich New Member

issue solved!!!!... hard reset of the phone... only 2 weeks old so i can restore quickly... at first i had the sdhc.cab dll installed, then removed it and the card came up as 7.65gb. woohooo happy day. :) oh yeah The card isnt bad.
  12. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

This silent reader had faith!

Glad you got it! :)