8GB Mini SD Card for Moto Q9m

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by HighNetInc, Feb 29, 2008.

1. HighNetInc

HighNetInc New Member

8GB Mini SD Card for Moto Q9m

Does anyone know if an 8 GB Mini SD card will work in a Moto Q9m? The specs mention a 4GB card.
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Can't point you to a specific card, but I do know that the Q9m is supposed to support mini SDHC cards (or micro SDHC cards with micro to mini adapter) up to 32 GB. I believe there are already some folks here at EQ who have successfully used 6 GB and 8 GB cards (and one guy who says he has apparently used a 16GB card).
  3. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

i just upgraded my memory to a 6GB memory card. To me its so much better then the 2gb. I havent had any lagging problems as of yet, and I even have have 2 movies, 87 songs, 2 books and 8 nintendo games on the 6GB card.
  4. HighNetInc

HighNetInc New Member

Are you able to play Nintendo games on your Moto Q?

i just upgraded my memory to a 6GB memory card. To me its so much better then the 2gb. I havent had any lagging problems as of yet, and I even have have 2 movies, 87 songs, 2 books and 8 nintendo games on the 6GB card.[/quote]
  5. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

[/quote]

yes, i actually have 6 Nintendo Games, the only problem ive had is the saving aspect. I havent been able to save the games, which especially sucks if your playing Final Fantasy like I am.
  6. mrdrago

mrdrago New Member

What exact type and brand of 6G card did you get to work? I have not been able to get more than a 4G to work with my Q9M. I would actually like an 8G for all the music I have.

Thanks,

Mark
  7. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Im using the MacroSD Mini card. It came with the mini to micro adaptor which fits inside the phone. Ive been able to find great deals on Ebay. Like the 6gb I bought for 10$. God bless buying wholesale :tounge:
  8. mrdrago

mrdrago New Member

Thanks the information. Yesterday I upgraded my phone's software and wala.. an 8G works fine now. Motorola must have fixed the card recognition issue that some phones had. I am a really happy camper right now. Verizon gave me a free 8G card last night as they promised when I had my original purchase and had to settle for a 4G card.

Mark
  9. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

congrats!!!!!!!
  10. HighNetInc

HighNetInc New Member

Are you using a ROM emulator? I've done that on the PC and it's great to play some of the old NES/SNES games.

yes, i actually have 6 Nintendo Games, the only problem ive had is the saving aspect. I havent been able to save the games, which especially sucks if your playing Final Fantasy like I am.[/quote]
  11. bmwbig6

bmwbig6 New Member

How old is your phone, and what software upgrade version did you have? I just got my Q9M but haven't tried an 8GB card and wanted to know the likelihood of mine already having the latest software.
  12. HighNetInc

HighNetInc New Member

I got my phone 26 Feb and the RIL version is 2.000 with CE OS 5.2.1238 (Build 17745.0.2.3). The SanDisk 8 GB micro card works great.

13. jmaynard1986

jmaynard1986 New Member

To bmwbig6:

to check if you have the latest software update, check out my latest post on the thread "phone died"...

sry, I would link it to ya but im on my Q.... :)
  14. bmwbig6

bmwbig6 New Member

Thanks guys, I need to check if I have the latest versions in jmaynard1986's thread, but my phone matches HighNetInc's so that's at least comforting to know that my phone should detect the 8GB right out of the box even if I need an upgrade.
  15. countryflyer

countryflyer New Member

A little off subject, but I have an 8gb card coming soon, so this may be related. I have a 2gb card right now that works fine, but I can only put music on it up to about 1MB, and then is says that it is write protected, and to remove the write proection or use another folder. Is this something that is due to the firmware not being updated, or an issue with fat versus fat 32 formatting? If it needs to be formatted as fat 32, I need to know where you find that option, because on the phone I dont see that option.

Thank you
  16. hammerhead13

hammerhead13 New Member

8gb minisdHC from Newegg worked for me. Although i think the card moght be defective.
  17. Aeori

Aeori New Member

where are these 6- and 8-gig cards being found? I have had NO luck finding anything over 4

ahh sorry didn't see that newegg had a seperate section. "mini sdhc" versus "mini sd"
  18. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Check eBay or techbargains.com or newegg.com or supermediastore.com
  19. mosesparrot

mosesparrot New Member

8GB micro to mini sd card in Q9M

Received mine today from Ebay http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZyoupaylessla it's a micro to mini with a sd card adapter.

Copied everything from my 2gb card and been trying all the programs. Everything is working fine and it seems a bit faster than my 2gb card'

And yes I have a Q9M with the latest Moto Firmware Update.
  20. JGC843

JGC843 Guest

:gasp: How?

I have a downloaded Sopranos episode and it's like 150 mb. How big is a movie?