81 People viewing this forum....

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Peregrine, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

81 People viewing this forum....

I cannot BELIEVE how popular this phone still is. People still carrying them on TV shows and still probably the most populated forum here at everythingWM.

Come on folks... time to bail on that old phone!! hahaha ;)

Quite a testamanet to what a quality phone that was, though... er IS, though.... Right?!?!
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i know, i still love my Q
    but i like you have moved on to bigger things (android)

the Q was/is still a great phone and is perfect for people starting out in the WM/smartphone world
    easy to use, hackable and just plain works
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Just saw the Moto Q on the season premiere of True Blood.
  4. mhans311

mhans311 Member

I saw it a couple weeks ago on some Disney Channel show. I have also seen it on 2-3 local anti-texting-while-driving ads here. Even though I have had 2 or 3 phones since my original Q, it is still one of my favorite devices. I am even thinking of buying a black one off ebay just to have it. I regret selling my first one.
  5. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Someone on CSI: Miami still carries one, too. Can't remember who. Don't really watch that anymore.
  6. mking8288

mking8288 Member

The Moto Q's are classics in terms of smartphones, just like the original analog Microtacs, digital Startacs & V3's, there will always be something better just beyond the horizon on the other side. As a global traveler, it's far easier to find help & support for the Q vs. HTC TP2 or what not in out-of-way places like Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam or Cape Town, South Africa - a prepaid local sim card activated & popped in will get one going for voice calls at a minimum. Have been using my unlocked Q8 global for 2+ years now and I always take it along on extended trips as a backup, and while the Q9c is limited without a custom ROM, it served me while until I moved up to the Ozone, unlocked & running a GSM sim at all times too - with 3VOrom from XDA on WM6.5 It doesn't even matter whether WM7.0 will be supported or running on it, and I'm not investing lots of money in this cute device, lots of accessories that can be re-used. (Except for all those x@=#&*% jungle of confusing 2.5/3.5mm headset jacks)

Now that VZW is joining the AT&T madness to end/curtail unlimited data usage with the explosion of new generation of 3.5/4G smart devices, I will be perfectly content with my monthly caps (if any) & my wifi access will be perfect.

Down the road, I will probably join the herd for the Androids, but, let the prices come down a bit & things to shake out a bit more - not in a rush - let those folks at Foxconn sort out their production & quality of life issues in China.