*7777 modem mode

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Motosmk, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Motosmk

Motosmk New Member

#777 modem mode

Alright I have been having problem trying to get my VZAccess to recognize my motorola Q9c on my new HP media center PC. It's been hell...especially since this works perfectly fine on my Dell computer which is an old POS. I want the VZA to work on my new HP cos well the HP is faster, better video ect ect ect...

I have a completely unlimited Data plan with tethering. I want to use my Q9c as a modem for the internet. Now I have posted this issue on a different thread but here I wish to learn EVERYTHING that is to know about what I only thought was a hack called #777. The idea is you can get online and by pass the use of VZAccess all together.

From what I remember about #777, it was used by those who didn't wish to be legit and pay for unlimited data plan.

Now #777 was a recommended to me on the other thread I started about my VZAccess problems. Supposivedly if I use it, I'm told, It won't affect my plan.

Well I want all of the facts on #777, how it is used, how to use it, what are the EXACT legalities of it. ... the whole nine yards!

Thanks for your help.
  2. Mobile Auto Repair

Mobile Auto Repair New Member

Hit the start menu and look for the "Internet Sharing" program on your phone. Follow its instructions and your HP should connect through the phone as the old Dell can.

I have tethered with my Vista Compaq (HP) laptop just fine.
  3. Motosmk

Motosmk New Member

Ohhhhhky Been there done that. I have a different thread covering that subject:

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/moto-q-9c/please-help-vzaccess-doesnt-see-my-q9c-31596.html

You can read about all of the hell I have been thru. If somehow you read what Ive gone thru and you find I missed something, please contribute to that thread.

But for this thread I want to read stuff concerning #777

Thanks.
  4. sitlet

sitlet New Member

its #777, and im not even sure that works with newer phones anymore. the only way to use a q9 to connect is use the internet sharing tool, or get pdanet
  5. Motosmk

Motosmk New Member

Ah cool #777, OK now I got the right name...wish I can edit my thread title.

Anyhow this is the second time I've read "internet sharing tool" are you guys talking about "Modem Link"? is this a new accepted term for modem link or something or is there a new thing on my Q9c that I've never heard about. Also I've had problems with PDA net so that is not an option.

Damn I just want my phone to work on a computer...why does this have to be such a pain in the ass????

OK now if I can only correct the name of my thread....

Anyways so please more info on #777?????

I want to know if it is legal, if this can work, if this does work then whats the point of having a VZAccess or a PDAnet if #777 can do the same thing.

Please I need some guidance here.
  6. Mobile Auto Repair

Mobile Auto Repair New Member

If I am right #777 acts like a dial up modem. Internet Sharing Tool and/or PDAnet uses the phones data communication system which will be a lot faster than the dial up modem.

Now as someone already pointed out either on this or another thread each provider tweaks the Q9c software to their preferences. Sometimes the same program will have a different name. And in other cases some providers will not allow certain features.

So on my phone the service is called Internet Sharing, it has an Icon that looks like a radio transmitter with a ball and two halos. See if you have that feature on your phone. Check your start menu list to see if your phone has it.
  7. Boycan

Boycan New Member

All you are doing is setting up your phone as you would any external modem, it dials #777 whether you use VZAccess or not and does not affect your speed except for the fact that you don't have to wait for vza to start which is slow IMHO which is why I dont use it. Go to setting/network connections add device or configure or something and #777 is just the number it will be told to dial and the only thing I can't remember is the password if it even has one it should be something like your phone#@vzw. It doesn't affect speed or plan both are tethering and yes you need to activate modem on your phone before you tether which is what everyone is calling internet sharing but VZW doesn't call it that.
  8. Eklektos

Eklektos New Member

Still having difficulty....

Hey everyone!

I am definitely still having difficulty with making tethering a reality. I DO see the internet sharing tool on my phone and pressed it, but it continued to say "waiting on network." I waited a few minutes, and then it gave me the message that said "Error Code 67 Registration Failure." What should my next step be? I have the Sprint Moto Q9C, which I imagine has a bit of a different process than the Verizon model.

Additionally, if I could receive some insight on what the amount of usage that would be acceptable with tethering. I am trying to start a second job that will require me to use the computer nightly during the week from 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. I would also try to Skype with my girlfriend (soon to be fiance :dft010:big_smile) who lives out of state. Would this amount of time be a problema?

I really want to avoid having to pay additionally for the ability to use this function. I already have a shared everything unlimited data plan that comes with everything except the kitchen sink, and that is on backorder! :dft012:wink I am starting out on my own with my first real job working for a non-profit here in Miami. I want to keep the $ as close as possible right now.

I would gladly pay someone to help me out with this situation via paypal or your choice of nine speckled rocks-you pick. :dft003:cool If you have any solutions or care to take me up on my offer, let me know via the forum or e-mail me at jahdai.dawes@yahoo.com

I thank you in advance,

Eklektos
  9. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

In Internet Connection Sharing, click on Menu, Connection Settings, USB Device type and make sure it's set to ActiveSync Rndis.
    When you ready to try to tether, click connect, wait for the 'Check USB cable connection' message then connect the usb cable.
    Hope it works.