4GB mini SD cards

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by ridiculogic, Dec 11, 2006.

1. jdvinyl

jdvinyl New Member

I am still waiting on memory suppliers to either replace the card, or refund my money. It would appear form the many posts that it does work, hopefully I just got a lemon card/adapter.
  2. redstar299

redstar299 New Member

thanks

Cool- I took the chance and ordered one form ebay today...I must say with the Sony Bluetooth Headphones the sound quality is outstanding. I just tried it out with the 1 gb card my phone came with and if the 4gb works, I no longer need to bring my Ipod to the gym. With 4 gb's and ability to stream Sirius, its one less device I will need to carry around.
  3. My-Q

My-Q New Member

My first computer had two 5 1/4" floppy drives. LOL!
  4. inf3st

inf3st New Member

Same here. I remember playing summer olympic games off of those back in the early 80's. I think it was an apple computer.
  5. jdvinyl

jdvinyl New Member

Card received

I received the card in the mail with no questions asks from Memory Suppliers. This time they sent a little beefier of an adapter. It arrived formatted as Fat 32, immediately recognized by computer and the Q (after a power cycle).

79.99 (no shipping) for a Q acceptable 4GB Mini SD card; not a bad deal considering Motorola says it will not work.

jd
  6. schuby

schuby New Member

4GB "TOPRAM" card not working on my black Q

I bought the "TOPRAM" card mentioned in this string but cannot get my Q to recognize it. I have formatted it FAT32, soft reboot, hard reboot but it won't work. I have a SanDisk 1GB that has been working great. I am wondereing if the newer black Q has a different SD driver or hardware. Anyone having luck with the black Q and 4GB miniSD?
  7. jdvinyl

jdvinyl New Member

4gb card

The card I purchased, see above posts, is in the black Q.
  8. mombopete

mombopete New Member

I formatted the TOPRAM 4G card on my PC and then put it in the Q and powered off and then back on. The Q noticed it right after with no problems.
  9. timtlm

timtlm New Member

TopRam did not work for me

I ordered the 4gb topram card from the said ebay user, formatted FAT32 through the pc, but did not work in my Sprint Q even after restarting. It works fine in the PC. I was really hoping that it would work after all of positive the feedback in this forum. Just want to warn people that it might not work for you. If anyone has any ideas, I am all ears.
  10. evidence120

evidence120 New Member

i got the sprint q as well and am looking for a fellow sprint success story with regards to these cards before ordering.
  11. Uncle650

Uncle650 New Member

If you have another sd card that has been working in your Q why not try and copy all the files on it to the new 4gb card. There maybe a hidden overhead files that is needed to read the card.

I have a 4gb card on order and plan to copy from my 2gb card to the 4gb and then install the new card.
  12. loveshinesthru

loveshinesthru New Member

how do you format? what is fat32 or fat for that matter? do i need a program?
  13. evidence120

evidence120 New Member

1) In windows, right-click on the drive in My Computer and click format. 2) 3 types of disk formats; FAT, FAT32, and NTFS. 3)Just Windows
  14. raelpsf

raelpsf New Member

:)

First.. sorry for bad bad inglish! I do not speak it..

Buy in ebay one sdcard of 4GB (selling fastmemoryman) and did not function. in flashdrive (usbdrive) it worked, but in motoQ and PalmTX that I tested not. I formatted fat16 and fat32 (by windows XP and HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool) and none recognized in smartphone, only for Flashdrive conected in the computer...

I also tested in nokia 6265, it identifies the card, however it says that it is not formatted, but I believe that the reason is the nokia to read fat16.

I saw that its functioned well! He would like to know what you he made, which programs used or the alterations made?

I thought about partitioing in 4 parts of 1gb. it will be that it would go to function?

Plz, help me!
    Here, in brazil, with the money that paid in one sdcard of 1gb, I buy 3 of 4gb in ebay. :(
  15. Uncle650

Uncle650 New Member

I just got my 4gb Qmemory card in the mail. I took the 2gb card that I had in the phone and put into card reader in computer. Then I took the new 4gb card and put into portable card reader connected to computer. On the 2gb card went to select all and was told that there were 2 hidden files. I unhid these and then selected all. Then copied to the 4gb card. Put into Q and it is working great. Have songs and document to go, plus other items stored on card. Was playing music and doing excel spreadsheet with no slow down. Then had music playing and went to Live Search. Not a problem. Memory Manager shows 3.89 gb with only .89 used. Lots of free space for other items now.
  16. hanski9

hanski9 New Member

I know there was a long thread on what size card will work with the Q. having read that, and all the advice that was given, I did get a 4Gig card (NON HC) at Flash-Memory and follwed the advice of formatting at Fat32, putting it in the Q, power cycling the Q and all is well with the extra space.

I hope that helps.
  17. Sinij_kot

Sinij_kot New Member

4Gb card not working with Sprint moto Q

I just received my 4Gb TOP RAM card from eBay seller but nothing I do makes my Sprint moto Q recognize it. However the card works with PC just fine.
    I don't have another card to try, so I was wondering if someone with a working card could send me their hidden files from the working card. The address is vkustov@gmail.com. I am not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try.
    Thanks in advance.
  18. Bwizzy

Bwizzy New Member

Well.................... What I did with mine was format it in my pc then stuck it in my phone and my phone didn't recognize it. So I took it out and stuck it back in and it worked. Keep trying that process. I haven't had this problem anymore though.
  19. heycow

heycow New Member

I think I'm going to ditch the 4GB TopRam card I bought from ebay and go with a $20 Sandisk 2GB card from Amazon. My 4GB card keeps getting corrupted and erasing everything on it (including my Sprite backups).

Oh well, I guess there's a reason that Moto and VzW say the 4GB card isn't supported. Now to try and return the 4GB cuz it's "corrupt" (might be the card, how do I know?).
  20. avar28

avar28 New Member

How does it get corrupted. Are your files unaccessible or do you have to manually delete everything?

Ive been having problems with my 4gb card. Its gave me an error message.