4GB mini SD cards

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by ridiculogic, Dec 11, 2006.

1. braeleure2

braeleure2 New Member

2. raakevin

raakevin New Member

If WMP could not see the music how did you get to the songs to listen to them on the Q?
  3. braeleure2

braeleure2 New Member

4. Jpike005

Jpike005 New Member

so it sounds like teh 4gb does indeed work...i want the 4 but am afraid i wont be able to format it correctly, whats involved if i buy the 4gb and need to on my mac
  5. teechur

teechur New Member

FAT16 can support up to 4 GB depending on the OS. One would assume that WM5 would support that (and it looks like some are having success).

FAT32 can support up to 32 GB.
  6. Jpike005

Jpike005 New Member

any update? does yours work?
  7. Snarl

Snarl New Member

Just got my 4gig, works just fine!:laugh2:
  8. MachB5

MachB5 New Member

I'm 4-Gign' as of today as well. I have 3 movies, 161 songs, all of my 3rd party apps, some themes and such and it looks like this:

3.88GB of Storage
    1.54GB Used
    2.34GB Free = YIPEE!!

I bought a card off eBay called TopRam. It uses Samsung Memory and came with a free USB reader all for $61. Bought it from the same person as in the link provided earlier in this thread. I'm stoked!!
  9. MachB5

MachB5 New Member

BTW- I just copied one card onto the other using two readers, 2 My Computer Windows, and Copy and Paste. No formatting necessary.
  10. dennis14

dennis14 New Member

Which one?

Can you tell us who you bought the card from on ebay? It seems there are a ton out there.

Thanks

11. MachB5

MachB5 New Member

No problem. This is the link to the auction I purchased it from: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=140075370260&rd=1&rd=1

The seller worked silently but quickly as I received my card and reader within a few days from the other side of the US. I can say that, initially, the card (or something) seemed to slow down the Q and when deleting 800mb movies, the Q froze; but after a soft reset, evrything works cherry with no stalls, freezing, or slowing down at all. Solid investment in my mind.:laugh2:
  12. MachB5

MachB5 New Member

Also seems as though the same chip can be had from this seller for as low as $51.99. Great deal! His/Her 1Gb chips are the cheapest I've ever seen ranging from 0.99-7.99!! Crazy.
  13. PEZCORE

PEZCORE New Member

I just purchased a SanDisk 4GB MiniSD(with adapter) for $38.00 + $5 shipping, should be getting it within the next few days.

Also managed to snag a 2GB SanDisk MicroSD(with adapter) for my fiancee's Chocolate for $36 + $5 for shipping

So $84 in total I think I got a bargan

Let you guys know how it goes
  14. inf3st

inf3st New Member

Were did you find this at?
  15. mombopete

mombopete New Member

I just got mine from the eBay user above and it works fine. No problem at all. I formatted it using FAT 32 on my PC and then put it back in the Q. I just had to power it off and then back on for it to recognize the card. Got mine for $51 + shipping.

Thanks MachB5.
  16. ticklemedaly

ticklemedaly New Member

lol, my ipod has more than 700 times the space than that thing. Amazing how much computers have changed. i remember looking in Best Buy ads when i was younger and seeing 133 mhz pent2 comptuers for $900 or more. and seeing amd starting to make a battle.
  17. PEZCORE

PEZCORE New Member

18. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Samsung Cards

Actually, it's not a Samsung card; it's using Samsung memory chips, but the card manufacturer isn't listed.

For those who would prefer avoiding shady eBay vendors :laugh2: I've read that people have had success with MemorySuppliers.

I personally wouldn't deal with that eBay vendor. He has to SHOUT AT YOU, only accepts PayPal, won't accept bids from new eBayers, has very limited return policies and his 4 GB regular SD card looks like a Photoshop job of a SanDisk card.

His prices do look very good, but I would rather spend a few bucks more (well, more than twice as much).

Steve
  19. PEZCORE

PEZCORE New Member

Well I am gonna try this seller and report once I get the card. 99% feedback isnt too shaddy, right?
  20. evil247

evil247 New Member

So to sum up this post I think we know that 1 and 2 gb works flawlessly with somepeople having luck with 4gb right? I need more space but want to make sure that it is going to work in the phone.