4GB mini SD cards

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by ridiculogic, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

SD Questions

I'm not sure what the "new" card is.

The Q 9m supports SDHC, period. It should work with any SDHC MiniSD card (or MicroSD card with an adapater) between 4 and 32 GB.

That was actually the post before yours, and I think he was being facetious. See my reply to him, though.

Also, that CAB file is only necessary on Windows Mobile 5 devices. The Q 9m is a WM 6 device and already supports SDHC.

If you read all 20+ pages, you'd have seen links and experiences.

Using 75% of space doesn't mean much, either. Basically, you need to see whether a WM 5 Q can have more than 2 GB of files put on it or an SDHC-capable Q can have more than 4 GB.

Steve
  2. piranah

piranah New Member

It was a joke. Wishing this kind of space was available. But for the CAB file, it is kinda an or, its either you find the dll's and install yourself OR, you install the cab file :laugh2:
  3. r0bren0

r0bren0 New Member

So then I can get a 32 GB SDHC card for my Moto Q 9M? Wow! Will this work with WMP? Will this require formatting? Where can I get a moderate priced version of this card?

Replies appreciated
  4. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

32 GB SDHC Cards

Not that I know of. 32 GB is the maximum capacity that SDHC will support. As far as I know, there aren't any cards larger than 8 GB now.

Steve
  5. calvin_andhobbs

calvin_andhobbs New Member

HELp !!

ok i got a new memory card off of ebay a 4g toshiba .. but i can see it on my computer useing a card reader ... but my phone cant see it at all ... what should i do ..
  6. psdouglas

psdouglas New Member

I have a 4gb Topram card with 3.8 gb on it and have never had a problem. Topram is the only card I have heard about without problems, though some people probably can get other brands to work. I just hear about a lot of problems with other brands.
  7. elpasoq

elpasoq New Member

hello

Alright guys so ive been reading the post on this thread and im a total noob.
    i just got my q h/w from sprint like 8 days ago and am looking into a 4gb mini card any tips on what curently working? again guys thanx in advance. :2cool:
  8. blazinazn

blazinazn New Member

For anyone who has bought this memory card from memorysuppliers:

http://www.memorysuppliers.com./inst4gbmised.html

I have a quick question. Did you need to format the card in order for the Q to see it when you got it? Or did you just put it in your q and it worked?

Thanks
  9. psdouglas

psdouglas New Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOPRAM-4G-4GB-m...yZ118260QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are those that feel they have to be formatted, though I have a 4gb
    Topram and I stuck it in the phone, which recognized the card right away. It may have to do with the brand. I hope you didn't pay that much for your card. They are considerably cheaper on eBay.
  10. blazinazn

blazinazn New Member

I paid what was listed from a trusted site. Personally I hate ebay. It's all a big scam to me. I'm just bitter because I always seem to get screwed, yes, even from sellers with high ratings. So I vowed to never use ebay again.

I'd rather pay a little extra a know what I'm getting. I've heard some say they've had trouble with cards off ebay. Someone was selling '4GB' cards but they were only actually 1 gb. That's just my luck.

Anyhow, anyone have any insight on the card from memorysuppliers please let me know!
  11. psdouglas

psdouglas New Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOPRAM-4G-4GB-m...yZ118260QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the card many of us have bought and from the same seller. He is very reliable.
  12. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Memory Card Formatting

I don't have that (or any) 4 GB card, but I think most SD cards come pre-formatted nowadays.

Steve
  13. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Card Prices

A whole $10.51. The TopRam card is $34.50 + $9.99 shipping; the Memory Suppliers cards is $55.00 with free shipping.

I'm another person who wants to avoid eBay if at all possible, and $10 isn't that big a deal.

Also, things like this turn me off:

and

A "genuine TopRam card", eh? Until I started looking at 4 GB MiniSD cards, I can't recall having ever heard of TopRam. And I'm sure they'd be much more difficult to counterfeit than SanDisk cards. Huh?

Sorry, but even many supposedly reputable eBay merchants just seem so sleazy.

Steve

P.S. Can you show me anybody who has had a problem with the Memory Suppliers cards? If not, please stop saying that the TopRam card is the only one you've heard about without any problems.
  14. piranah

piranah New Member

I formatted, but that was just to make sure it worked right.
  15. jc1

jc1 New Member

My brand new 4gb SDHC Kingston Mini SD card is working great so far. I installed the cab file and I am good. Before the cab it didnt recoginize it in my Q.

I have about 3 gbs of music on it so far. I got it mainly cause my new car stereo is SD card or mp3 input, no CD. And figured why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone. 4gb card for my Q (which will stream via bluetooth to my car stereo) and 4gb card via adapter to full SD in my stereo.

I wont post my price on the card, everyone will get pissed.
  16. aznmsoong

aznmsoong New Member

So what would I have to do so I can use any 4gb miniSD card?
  17. iamjames

iamjames New Member

you can't, you have to buy a special 4gb card that is not SDHC.

I bought mine from super3cshopping*store last month and it seems to be working great, never had a problem reading or writing to it. $35 +$10 shipping.
  18. piranah

piranah New Member

Plug it into your q and go. if it doesnt work, try formatting it. If that does not work, your card does not work with the q and you will need a different one. i got the one from Here. I have not seen a Q user that has had a problem with one of these.
  19. john1_83

john1_83 New Member

I bought the 4GB card from memorysuppliers.com and it works great. I have not had a problem yet. I have 2.5GB of music and videos on it and everything plays without a problem. And you can get the cards even cheaper than the page shows. After you order the card they send you an email saying that i you post a link to them and a small description of their services on your myspace, facebook, etc. for a period of time that i do not remember, they will put a $15 or so credit back on your credit card.
  20. webcrush

webcrush New Member

You're spreading false rumors.

There is a sdhc.cab file that upgrades the sdbus.dll and sdmemory.dll on the WM5 Q so that SDHC memory cards can be used.