4GB mini SD cards

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by ridiculogic, Dec 11, 2006.

1. puffyluff

puffyluff New Member

I just bought some random 4gb minisd with a sd adapter and it ran fine, i only paid 31 bucks for it too after shipping and handling and the company didnt advertise q optimized
  2. iamjames

iamjames New Member

I just got a Q and read through all 25 pages to make sure 4gigs would work. I find it funny that the first dozen pages everyone's bashing "TOP RAM" cards, then the last few pages someone came back on here and said they're great and a few people agreed, probably because they just got the cards and it seems to take 2-3 months for 4gig cards to go bad.

The only cards that have been consistently working correctly are the cards from "super3cshopping*store" or whatever name they're going by now.

So that's what I'm ordering. I'll be back to let you guys know how it works out.
  3. psdouglas

psdouglas New Member

I"]]I just got a Q and read through all 25 pages to make sure 4gigs would work. I find it funny that the first dozen pages everyone's bashing "TOP RAM" cards, then the last few pages someone came back on here and said they're great and a few people agreed, probably because they just got the cards and it seems to take 2-3 months for 4gig cards to go bad.

The only cards that have been consistently working correctly are the cards from "super3cshopping*store" or whatever name they're going by now.

So that's what I'm ordering. I'll be back to let you guys know how it works out.[/quote]

That card works great. I have 3.75 gb on mine, and never have had a problem. The user name of the seller is "sellbuz" and he is the only one I have seen selling Top Ram 4gb.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-4GB-MiniSD-...320930QQihZ012QQcategoryZ118260QQcmdZViewItem
  4. iamjames

iamjames New Member

5. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Memory Suppliers

That's not true. I've never heard anything bad about the cards from Memory Suppliers.

Steve
  6. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I've been using my 4 gb Top Ram "optimized for Moto Q" from Sellbuz for a couple of months and it works fine. Everyone that has reported recently buying that card has reported positive results. Maybe something has changed with Top Ram since February and March (your referenced post) or this seller Sellbuz in Boston has a different card than what was being sold 6 months ago.

I don't think there is such a thing as "optimized for Moto Q" but it's the sellers way of saying it works.
  7. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Optimized Memory Cards

Yes, that's what I said a while back. Maybe they tested the card on the Q, but I doubt that anybody "optimized" it.

Steve
  8. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I was just repeating your "wise" comment and as too lazy to find your original statement. Also way too egotistical to give you a byline.
  9. BigDawgKev

BigDawgKev New Member

Do you want to try to format this storage card to make it readable?

I keep getting this error message when i insert my 4 gig Mini SD card into my Q. It says it will permanently delete any files on the card. I choose "yes" and it then says, "This storage card has been successfully formatted". However when I go to try to find the card in the File Manager its now where to be found. I also go to memory manager and try to refresh the data and it still shows the card as being unknown. What am I doing wrong? It was working before and just stopped working all of a sudden. HELP!:angry:
  10. dave4dl

dave4dl New Member

8 GB sdhc card?

If anyone gets a micro sdhc 8GB card for their Q would you mind posting if it works (i expect it would because the 4GB worked)? In addition would you mind posting the manufacturer and product number? I am looking at the sandisk one right now.
  11. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Unrecognized Card

Try formatting the card in your PC. If that doesn't work, the card could have gone bad (they do that).

Steve
  12. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Sdhc

You didn't say what kind of Q you have. The original Q won't support SDHC cards at all (unless you install some DLLs).

If you have a Q 9m (or maybe another Wiindows Mobile 6 Q), SDHC cards should work fine up to 32 GB.

Steve
  13. BigDawgKev

BigDawgKev New Member

Unlocking Mini SD Card

Somehow my Mini SD card has been write protected. How do I remove the write protection?????
  14. Eugene

Eugene New Member

Don't mini SD have the write protect switch like regular SD (I have a micro so I can't look and see)
  15. BigDawgKev

BigDawgKev New Member

There is no write protect switch on the Mini SD card.
  16. BigDawgKev

BigDawgKev New Member

Try A Digital Camera

So I was finally able to reformat my mini sd card by using my digital camera. My PC wouldnt work nor would reformatting it in my phone but i tried the camera and after a second attempt, it worked. Just something to try if all else fails.
  17. dave4dl

dave4dl New Member

Thanks for the help Steve. (I have a Q 9m btw).
  18. piranah

piranah New Member

Or you can just install the cab file that will let you use SDHC card on your regular Q.... 100 gb card here i come...lol

http://rapidshare.com/files/53794030/sdhc-driver-x500.zip.html

Found this over at qusers and it does work..

It was posted in this thread:http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1740&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=135 by colblaha
  19. r0bren0

r0bren0 New Member

Hello, I have read ALL 2O something pages!!! I have a Verizon Black and Red Motorola Q 9M.

From my understand 'sellbuz' on ebay sells the NEW 4GB minisdCard for moto Q.

I just read several pages back that the Motorola Q 9M, can take up to 8 GB (because the Motorola Q 9M may be able to accept SDHC cards.)

Several posts before I read that with the download of a .cab file, the 100 GB SDHC will work as well....

Someone please clear this up by mentioning sellers, links, prices, and good/bad experiences with your cards after loading up past 75% storage space.

What is possible?
    Your replies are appreciated!
  20. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

SDHC Support

Well, the CAB file is just an installation package with the DLLs inside, so it's not really an "or".

And, of course, there is no 100 GB SDHC memory card -- and never will be, because SDHC only supports up to 32 GB as I mentioned above. :wink:

Steve