2 ways to avoid getting a ticket or fine

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by PhoneQuest, Jun 17, 2008.

1. PhoneQuest

PhoneQuest New Member

Well if you have ever hooked up your iPod to your FM radio, you know that playing your own music sounds different than playing a actual CD. So you have the T505 MOTORKR and you think the sound quality for the music played thru your radio is bad? How do you like it for taking hands-free calls?
  2. Meph

Meph New Member

No, this thing has significantly worse quality than any other FM transmitter I've ever used. It's very prone to clipping if there is heavy bass or treble. As far as listening to music goes, it's pretty much worthless and unlistenable most of the time. It works well for podcasts and such, but that's about it.

It's great for taking hands-free calls, but I regret spending $130 on a speakerphone. I'm probably going to get rid of this and go with something different.
  3. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

I've always had a bluetooth device since I got my first bluetooth compatible phone...mainly for when I'm at work but it is good driving as well.

My husband hates it- but I got them really cheap on Ebay so it wasn't a big deal.

I just wish that Sprint would give a hands free device and a case when you buy a phone from them... at least a free hands free device.
  4. PhoneQuest

PhoneQuest New Member

That is not good. So you seem to have a bad experience with the MOTORKR T505 car kit. How did it work with phone calls? What other options are you looking at to replace this device?
  5. Meph

Meph New Member

I have been reading up on this, and I guess that the FCC has told the makers of FM transmitters that they were starting to have too strong of a signal, and that they were going to start regulating them if they don't cut back on the signal. Since then, every device that has been made with an FM transmitter doesn't work well unless you have some kind of connector that connects the FM transmitter directly to your antenna. That would explain why the sound sucks so bad on this thing when using it for listening to music.

It does work well as a hands free device. The way I have it set up now is that I use an adapter to plug my phone directly into my cassette deck for music, and then I just use the Motorola device for speakerphone. At this point, it does what I need it to do, so I'm going to keep it.

Here's what I would change if I designed the unit myself. Instead of having it clip on my visor, I would have it mount on the dash or clip onto an air vent or something, that way I could keep it plugged in all the time and I don't have to ever worry about the battery dying. I would also build a headphone jack into the unit so that I could use it with a cassette adapter or iPod input on my radio, that way I could use it either way.
  6. Meph

Meph New Member

I'll tell you what else sucks about this confounded piece of trash that I wasted $130 on. You MUST turn it off when you aren't using it. If you go out of range while the bluetooth connection is established, the connection becomes permanently disabled. This has happened to me twice now, and both times I've had to do a master reset to get it working again. Not a huge deal, but it's sort of a pain in the ass and I lose my call history and text messages every time it happens.

I'm inclined to believe that Microsoft is the cause of all my problems, and at first glance it definitely seems as if this is an operating system bug, or a bug in the phone itself. What I want to know is, does this happen with all bluetooth devices, or just the MOTOROKR T505? Is there another way to fix this problem that doesn't involve a master reset?

I seriously regret buying this, and I urge everyone to wait until the next version comes out. It seems really cool and it even has a robot voice that you can barely understand that talks to you and tells you what's going on, but there are a lot of quirks and small bugs that make it a real inconvenience to use. Let's just say, I have yet to figure out how to get this thing working consitently, so that I don't have to constantly play around with it in order for it to function properly. It may work alright for a week, and then some other issue pops up. Most of the time I can figure it out, but it's even more frustrating when I can't.