2 Questions (About Outlook & Xbox live)

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Jony, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Jony

Jony New Member

Got two questions for you guys;
    First, for some reason I don't have my 'outlook mail' live tile anymore, how do I put it back so I can get e-mail notifications?

Secondly, I plan to buy the 'ilomilo' xbox live game to play on my phone, I have a xbox 360 as well do I have to purchase it there as well or can I just buy it once and play it on both?

Thanks!
    I'll be at work now so sorry if I take long to reply!
  2. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Jony,

To answer your first question, I don't personally use Outlook to retreive my mail but it should all work the same regardless. Go into your App List and find the Outlook application, tap and hold your finger on the application (still viewing the app list) and then pin it to your start menu. You should then have the live tile with all notifications appearing.

For your second question, although WP7 and XBLA games might have scenarios like Ilomilo that they exist on both, each game will always be a specific purchase only for the respective platform. If you purchase the game on the WP7, sure it will be the same game and have achievements, but if you want to play it on your Xbox 360 you'd have to purchase that version (which does have more content of course compared to WP7).
  3. Jony

Jony New Member

Thanks a lot,
    No sign of outlook on my app list maybe ill have to download it from the marketplace or something...

As for the xbox live games, pretty disappointing to find that out...

Thanks again!
  4. RobR

RobR Member

How do you access your Outlook mail if you don't have an Outlook application? As for the game, although disappointing why would that option be expected? If you have a Mac and a PC why should buying it for one platform entitle you to having it on the other?
  5. Jony

Jony New Member

I got the mail thing already, wasn't outlook just needed my gmail account...

Its not PC and Mac...its buying the same Microsoft game with the same Xbox live account...anyways I'm just gonna buy it for my Xbox then...