2 hardware issues with Q9m

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by nesknowitall, Jul 27, 2008.

1. nesknowitall

nesknowitall New Member

2 hardware issues with Q9m

Ok I love my Q9m but I have lately been having some hardware issues with it. Ever since I got it when I am on a phone call I hear a swirling kind of noise in the background. I have no idea what it is and I am sure it's not interference because it does it no matter what or where I am and not with my headset.

Secondly I have been noticing lately that my screen has vertical lines on it, kind of what you get when you press on a screen to hard. They are not always in the same place but in the same area. I'm sure the Display is damaged.

Now for my question, should I get it repaired? I don't have the extended warranty on it but I only purchased it 2 months ago.

I'd appreciate any help.
  2. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

if you have everything backed up I would do a master reset and see if that clears up your issues. if you are still having issues then think about having it repaired. also, it is easy to replace your lcd screen if you need to. you can buy a new lcd and other parts for the Q9m/c's from www.cnn.cn I even noticed today that they finally have the sprint q9c housing available so my M may look like a C soon! I actually want the lime green alltel on though!
    I hope that helped!
  3. nesknowitall

nesknowitall New Member

Ok, thanks a lot I'll give that a shot.

The one thing that I was also wanting to know is if the repair would be covered by Verizon, Motorola or would it be from my pocket.
  4. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

i beleive that if you are within a year of purchase it is under warranty providing you bought from verizon.