2 Email Addresses

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by viridian, Jun 27, 2006.

1. viridian

viridian New Member

2 Email Addresses

Hey all -

I'm getting my Q tomorrow.... I have two different email addresses, and I get it I can receive both via 'push' - BUT, can I send from each address... If I get an email in, hit reply, does it send from the addy it came from. And then, on new messages, can I somehow select which account?

This is a great board.

Cheers, and thanks!

~Jason
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

It's more pull than push. When setting up your email accounts intially, you can set intervals to pull your email down.

It will reply from the account your are in. So, if I reply to a message in my gMail account, I cannot use another account to send. Yes, you can send messages from any of your accounts.

When you first enter Messaging, you'll select the account and create a new message.
    Thanks! Good to have you aboard as a member!:w00t:
  3. viridian

viridian New Member

That is great news - thanks.

The Verizon folks did not give such an easy answer - in fact, they looked at me with a puzzled look. I hope it truly is that easy...

Also, is there a way to set it up that I can simply get my email when I want it, rather than it being automatically downloaded, or synched? The reason I ask? I had a BB for years, and I had major 'balance' issues with emails coming in while doing something else. I'd rather use my Q to get email when its convenient for me, not when its convenient for the Q.

Make sense?

Thanks a TON.