2.5mm -> 3.5mm

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by rudeboy, Jul 6, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

2.5mm -> 3.5mm

well... i went to RadioShack and bought one of those little converters (made by Wireless Accessories), i also wanted to get a cassette that you put in the cassette player to listen to a cd walkman, iPod (which i just got) or the Q.. but they didn't have those in stock.

it works and it's stereo, but as read many times on EQ the volume is just not loud enough and doesn't do it for me, after work i am going to a different RadioShack and see if it works using the cassette "adapter", if the Q is still not loud enough i am almost sure i will keep the iPod (Nano).
  2. mehoff88

mehoff88 New Member

Did you just say 'Cassette'?? HAHA.
  3. Benso87

Benso87 New Member

Those cassette adapters are a lot more consistent than FM transmitters, and they don't require extra power from the device to use. Not to mention they're cheaper. They don't usually last as long, though.

But yeah. I'm glad my camry has a CD/cassette deck, cause it's pretty much like having an auxiliary input for my iriver clix when I use that adapter.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yep i sure did.... and i am not even ashamed :}

for the record, i know several people who have FM transmitters for there iPod and don;t use it 'cuz it well, sucks so they say.

the cassette adapter works perfect i must say.
  5. braxtoq

braxtoq New Member

Myabe you should consider a new Camry with an Aux input!
  6. Guerrilla

Guerrilla New Member

I was disappointed when I got my new truck and I lost my cassette player. Those cassette adapters are just too reliable and work just too well to not love 'em.

I use an FM transmitter now and it works great. I use it with my iPod and XM radio, but it's not one of the wireless ones that plug into the iPod and I refuse to use the built in wireless FM transmitter in the XM receiver because they suck. This one I hardwired into my radio so it uses any frequency I set it to and completely blocks incoming radio (while the radio/iPod is on) and plays my music.

However, I can't move from car to car with a hardwired FM transmitter like a trusty cassette adapter :wink:
  7. Benso87

Benso87 New Member

Maybe I will... after I graduate college in a few years. :tounge: Except there's a good chance I'll get a Honda whenever that time comes, just because I like them.
  8. Nate52687

Nate52687 New Member

If you look in the hacks thread(just search moto q hacks) one of the first posts has a hack to increase sound output from Q. you have to be careful though because, depending on what you change, you could blow a speaker or when you hook your q the sound quality will be garbage.

I use an fm transmitter( Monster Audio) I liked the cassette converter better because the sound was louder but my tape deck shit the bed and could only get my right speakers to work.

The fm transmitter suffices but i miss the cassette adapter.
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks but in the end i went with an iPod, so far i'm loving the cassette adapter.. no issues at all.