1st Motorola Q Software update

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Stryker, Aug 4, 2006.

1. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

:blink:
    <_<
  2. nvanlaar

nvanlaar New Member

Well..., do you sit on them? Continuosly drop them? Run them over? Hack the registery to hell so they no longer work? Have more $$ than you know what to do with?

So far mine has been very stable, no software glitches except the media player which is just a minor anoyance at best and would probably fix itself if I did a master reset. Am I just lucky?

BTW how do you make a backup of the Q? It's not an option in activesync. I remember on my old HP1910 I could do a backup through activesync.
  3. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

the answers to your questions and much much more can be found by using the [​IMG] button.
  4. nvanlaar

nvanlaar New Member

Is there a thread on how people have destroyed/broke their Q's and/or why they needed replacements? If there is, I have not found it yet.

Thanks so much you have been ever so un-helpfull. Is everyone as helpful as you?
  5. scottjb

scottjb New Member

Sprite Backup is the only way I know of to backup the entire device.
  6. nvanlaar

nvanlaar New Member

Thanks, I'll check it out.
  7. Manipon

Manipon New Member

The new software update was just released today on Moto's website for the Q.
  8. Priaptor

Priaptor New Member

New Update-DO IT

Do it and don't be afraid. Everything, I mean everything runs faster with no intermittent hangups. Scrolling through apps and pages are quicker. A very worthwhile upgrade.
  9. xifed

xifed New Member

Apparently it seems that if you download and install the beta, it voids your warantee for some reason. The new release came out yesterday, so i downloaded and went to install and it gave me an error saying i already had the latest version. I guess it did that because the beta was based off the final. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?
  10. Moby

Moby New Member

Does the new Software Update from Moto have Java capabilities??? I successfully downloaded the update. Guess I'll go the the web site I need java capabilities for and see if I can use the site.
  11. pjsnyc

pjsnyc New Member

i know its been a while since this forum has been revisited, but do the sprint qs come with the latest and greatest?
  12. inf3st

inf3st New Member

Yes they do.