1st Motorola Q Software update

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Stryker, Aug 4, 2006.

1. bpatt

bpatt New Member

2. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

:blink: rofl !
  3. Priaptor

Priaptor New Member

I don't get it

:blink:One of the listed "improvements" is support for "push" e-mail. I have not upgraded my Q, but have upgraded Exchange Server to SP2 and my Q works just fine pushing and receiving e-mail in real time with Outlook. Am I missing something?
  4. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

It adds the SMS push
  5. koldcowboy

koldcowboy New Member

Why isnt this update Public knowledge yet...
    Went to Verizon to get the update done and they looked at my like i was from mars!!!!

Where is this update for V users...

thanks
    -M
    :thumbup:
  6. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

The update isn't public knowledge yet because it isn't officially released. It is most likely in final testing. Verizon Wireless store employees would most likely have no knowledge of the update until it is publically released.
  7. Grant H

Grant H New Member

I had written a huge post here, but it got errased when I accidently hit the back button. Dont you just hate that?

Short and sweet.

I have two Q phones. One old and one new. The old one I bought from Verizon and the New one I just got in the mail from Motorola.

I installed the newest firmware on my old phone because I was having issues with it and hoped that it might help. No Joy.

MY new phone that I just received from Motorola directly on Friday has the newest firmware already installed on it.

Both of my phones, when you turn them off and then on again will be stuck in roaming mode untill I force it to go into Verizon Wireless Home mode buy doing a couple of things with the network.

Both of my phones have the newest firmware, both have the same exact problem.

I have been in contact with Verizon. They are sending another phone out to jme. (3rd one now!!!). I am also working with the QTEAM on this to find a solution.

I predict there to be problems when the new firmware hits..
  8. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Hit Forward. Should still be there. :geek:

Did you dial *228, option 2 from either phone? This updates your roaming capabilities with local towers, or so I've been told.
  9. NexusCore

NexusCore New Member

I installed this update, seems to work fine. Whats the second file all about?? Thanks!
  10. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Not to stray off topic, but that happens to me all the time on my laptop. Apparently, my touchpad is setup for certain actions. I never get around to disabling it and find myself losing long responses.
  11. bmtespar

bmtespar New Member

Update on new phone

Hey guys. I have already installed the software on my last phone but unfortunately it died this morning. I had the phone replaced at verizon but I can not install the update on the new phone. The update software detects the phone and shows the correct ESN but then once you start it it says that the phone can not be detected and to please unplug usb and powr phone off and on again. I have done this several times and the active sync connects with the phone but I can never get the software to connect. I have deleted all devices in active sync and still nothing. Any ideas?
  12. NiNE

NiNE New Member

I've noticed that ever since i've installed this update that I don't have Wireless Sync on my phone anymore. It's no big deal since i don't use it to check e-mails. Just wondering why it got deleted.
  13. Grant H

Grant H New Member

"Did you dial *228, option 2 from either phone? This updates your roaming capabilities with local towers, or so I've been told."

Oh yeah. Been there done that..

:)
  14. scottjb

scottjb New Member

Wireless Sync isn't actually on the phone when you first get it. There is a link to download it that's pre-installed. If you want it, just go to http://ota.wsync.com from your Q's browser.
  15. jct

jct New Member

I know this is abit off the subject but do you know how i can get the AKU2 update files?
  16. BrandonP

BrandonP New Member

I was told it is coming out this week although I don't believe that much. It will be a download from Motorola and Verizon and then installed via active sync. I hope they enabled the insertion of a picture in a text message as with all texting plans you are entitled to pix messaging, which the Q does not do unless you want to send a pic over MMS and pay for it.
  17. nvanlaar

nvanlaar New Member

Is this available yet? And if so where? What is the most current OS version? I have OS 5.1.70 (build 14523.1.3.0) Thanks in advance.
  18. Manipon

Manipon New Member

I do not think so. I just called Verizon last night and they said is should be anytime. I would wait until the official update comes out. I had 2 Q's and had to send back one that had the software update on it (installed already when I got it). That phone crashed alot and would turn off every now then without warning. I would have to take out the battery to reboot. The OS was somthing like 5.1.1XX, copyright 1196-2006. The radio Version was also a higher version. I am not sure if these problems were OS related but very well could be. I am now using the Q with the same OS you have and I have had no problems. There are few things I noticed between versions, 4 icons wide in settings, faster nav response, and more syncing option times when syncing mail via actice sync and exchange server (sync continuously).

A side note for those who's phones are just shutting off without warning, they are not really off. When I tried to activate my new phone, I couldn't because my broken phone last power off by itself. I had to remove the battery in the old one to register the new one. This tells me that the phone was really still on, just the screen is black.
  19. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I just received a refurb Q from Verizon:

Radio Version Q2-BP...
    OS 5.1.195 (Build 14960.2.4.0)

-Chris
  20. nvanlaar

nvanlaar New Member

What do you people do that you need new Q's every so often? I haven't had any problems except the media player problem I posted about.