1st Motorola Q Software update

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Stryker, Aug 4, 2006.

1. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Couldn't have said it better myself...:whistling
  2. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

Does someone have the instructions available? I have the two install packages and I'm trying to find server space to put it up, but I figure it would be best to have the documentation with it.
  3. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

i posted the pdf a few posts back.
  4. gjackson78

gjackson78 New Member

Well I got the update from moto's site and it still says no net connection...

Whats up with the no internet connection error and how do you fix it?
  5. jbaraga

jbaraga New Member

You should definitely wait until the public release. If you're having trouble simply unzipping a .RAR file and working with its contents, you're better off waiting for a version of the upgrade that will be supported by Verizon. If you fry your phone now, you could be out of luck. If you fry your phone with a software update endorsed by Verizon, then it's their problem to fix.

We should hopefully see the official update soon, and I doubt there's any reason why you NEED to do this update right now. Sounds like it could cause you more problems than it would solve.
  6. gjackson78

gjackson78 New Member

Are you sure this isn't official?

I downloaded it off of hellomoto....I just get the no internet connection message when running it...

G
  7. dragonauta

dragonauta New Member

I'm confused..I've been reading about a 50+mb update in a RAR file, and then someone posted a link to the motorola site...One link asks for a password, and with another link I downloaded a 10mb update program...I suppose the rar file should contain the .bin file or something similar, and this update program does the flashing?:blink:

Also someone else posted a link to a box.net file, buts it's not working...can someone point the way to this update? Thanks :)
  8. jbaraga

jbaraga New Member

Here's a link to an official Motorola site page with an update...but you need a username & password to download the files. As you can see, there are two separate files that need to be downloaded for the update - I think one is for your PC and the other is for the Q itself:

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomot...izon&strPhone=Q&strCable=Mini USB Data Cable#
  9. dragonauta

dragonauta New Member

Do you know how to get a username/pwd or do you have one I can borrow? Unsure
  10. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Cool avatar, Dragonauta!
  11. jbaraga

jbaraga New Member

This thread seems to be a great resource for update-related info:

http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29265#29265

Apparently, someone was able to fix the Internet browsing problem by dialing *228 and then option 2 to update PRLs.

Certainly worth a shot.

NOW CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HOOK ME UP WITH A USERNAME & PASSWORD SO I CAN DOWNLOAD THIS THING FOR MYSELF? Or better yet...I can give someone FTP access to my web server so they can upload it there. I'd greatly appreciate it.
  12. dragonauta

dragonauta New Member

13. gjackson78

gjackson78 New Member

I tried the 228 and no luck....What a crappy app to not allow you to put in any settings like proxy, etc....Or just use your dang regular settings!
  14. petey310

petey310 New Member

Hey that username/password isnt working for me

and hey to everyone thanks i got everything working so far no i just need a login/pass
  15. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

Okay guys - be gentle, I'm only on cable, but I have posted the update on my FTP server. To avoid any issues, please PM me for login/pwd information.

Information:

This update contains only the Updater EXE and Firmware MSI. You MUST have ActiveSync installed.

(1) Run Firmware update
    (2) Install Updater software
    (3) Make sure phone is disconnected
    (4) Run Updater
    (5) Connect phone to computer, and begin update.

Other than the above, I have no instructions. There was an instruction PDF released, but I deleted that.
  16. joeisjoe

joeisjoe New Member

prob tethering after update

OK so I just did the update and now when I try to tether it says "error 691: access denied because the username and/or pw was invalid on the domain"

It worked fine prior to update. I did the *228 option 1 and 2 already. The data connection on the phone works fine on its own.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I haven't seen any posts of others having the same problem.

thanks!
  17. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Read through this thread:

http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4256
  18. jbaraga

jbaraga New Member

I'm having the same problem, but I'm sticking with PDAnet anyway. I don't like the fact that you can't ActiveSync when connecting to the web through the Q. Also, every time I tried to use the DUN feature, it seemed to want to establish a new connection between my Q & my laptop after I disconnected...essentially it thought my Q was a different device altogether and prompted me to pair it through ActiveSync.

I already paid for PDAnet anyway, and I'm glad. The Q's DUN capabilities are pretty sad in comparison.
  19. gflores76

gflores76 New Member

Sounds Great

Does anyone know if the update will help with all push e-mail apps including Microsoft exchange server?
  20. gflores76

gflores76 New Member

Oh yea, where are you supposed to download this update?