1st Motorola Q Software update

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Stryker, Aug 4, 2006.

1. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

I don't have a gmail account... tried my AIM account to send it, but no go. IM me (VTDr0p0ut) and we can try it via direct file transfer...
  2. kdog126

kdog126 New Member

Does anyone have detailed installation instructions?
  3. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

For those that downloaded, the insturctions file was called MSU_Guidlines_Instructions.pdf .. Anybody have that? I torched it yesterday :-(
  4. Ballzo

Ballzo New Member

People, is is not a true statement that this is a leaked version, or beta version of Motorola's proposed Q updates? I am hanging right on the edge of doing the deed.. Some seem to benefit from it, others see nothing, others notice some degradation in some areas.. Though the final code, if and when it is released my not be much different that what has been released is is it not still beta code? Do we not profit by waiting?
  5. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Yeah I got it but I can't post it due to attachment limitations.

Ok, I got it attached.. see inside the .ZIP file.

Attached Files:

6. fletch33

fletch33 New Member

i was wrong about the frames and i am very glad i did the update.

here is my take on this. it could be days, weeks, or maybe months before verizon actually approves this for release so i dont care if it wasnt exactly finished because i have had no problems since i upgraded. here is a link i will make good for a little while if someone missed their chance to get it.

http://www.box.net/public/e73i3pehf9
  7. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

Thanks, I have been busy and haven't been on the site for a little while, so Thank you for posting, I will install Tomorrow.
  8. carabou

carabou New Member

i am still leary...

ok, first of my name is carabou, and i am a horable speller, now that we got that covered, i am just like the above mentioned thred...I want to get this update, but im am a lil scared, should i just wait?
  9. NiNE

NiNE New Member

I just installed the update and now i can't update my roaming capabilities. I've tried *228 and the others numbers i saw listed on qusers.com and it still wont update.
  10. fletch33

fletch33 New Member

first try *228 option 1 and then *228 option 2 and if that doesnt work then:

1. dial ##073887* and then send
    2. enter 000000 (six zero's) for the security code hit ok
    3. User Activation hit ok
    4. NAM1 HIT OK
    5. under MIN erase what is there and put in your number
    6. under MDN erase what is there and put in your number
    7. under CDMA SysID put in (your city system ID)
    8. hit back , back , and then exit
    9. restart the phone
    10. dial *228 and then choose option 2 and you are all set

11. BiggaBear

BiggaBear New Member

Huh?

ok...I'm clueless here. Got the update, got the instructions, installed the software, hooked up the phone, ran the updater...and it say's no internet connection available.

What am I doing wrong?:whistling
  12. BiggaBear

BiggaBear New Member

ok...got it to install, followed the directions below. phone back up and operational. One more question...how do I know that the upgrade actually took? Is there anything I can check or do to ascertain this? And more importantly, thank you for your help.
  13. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

well, for one, when you hit the start button after the update completes, you will see that there are now four icons per row instead of just three..
  14. BiggaBear

BiggaBear New Member

yes...I do see that...I also see a download directory. Im getting used to navigating in the Q. Thank you much, the upgrade did take. Now I am reinstalling my tones and etc. Thanks for the reply!

:biggrin:
  15. BiggaBear

BiggaBear New Member

See the instructions above your last post. I had to do the same thing...it was easy to do.
  16. NiNE

NiNE New Member

When i dial *228 it gives me a fast busy signal. I called VZW tech support and they had me dial ##073887* but when i call it, it says "Welcome to Verizon Wireless" then a pause and then "You are being routed to Roam Plus Service" and tells me it is going to bill me $2.99 per call and $1.99 per minute. I told the tech support guy this and he said that something has changed on my phone and isn't able to make a call of any sort. I do not know what MIN, MDN, or what my city system ID is. When i talked to tech support i told him that i installed a new patch and he said he really couldn't help me since it wasn't something that verizon ok'd. He told me to take it back to the store and just tell them it messed up. Any other ideas guys? Can i go back to the original version by any chance?
  17. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

On my phone, the MIN and MDN are my cell phone #.. I'm guessing depending on where you're located, the CDMA SyID will change, but where I'm located (Westchester County, NY) it's 22
  18. fletch33

fletch33 New Member

if you put your phone number with area code without dashes in the MIN and MDN and then your city code in the sysID then you will be out of roaming and then reset the Q and you will be able to do the *228 option 2 and you will be all set.

did you find out your cities sysID when you were on the phone with tech support?
  19. petey310

petey310 New Member

ok well i downloaded the .rar file but now what do i do with it ? my phone will not run it ?? help!!!
  20. koldcowboy

koldcowboy New Member

ready for lift off....