16GB Micro SDHC.."Nap"Stopped Reading it?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by manbat, Feb 6, 2009.

1. manbat

manbat Active Member

16GB Micro SDHC.."Nap"Stopped Reading it?

My "Nap" has stopped reading the 16Gb Micro SDHC card I have been using. My computer will still read it and the Q9m/c will still read it....hmmmm. It is reading my 6GB backup just fine. Has anyone else been runnig a 16GB?
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

It's working again.....

It's working again.....I had to reformat the 16GB MicroSDHC and then copy files back to it from my backup files.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Have you done any hacks? This happened tome on my 9h when I did the "email to sd card"hack.
  4. manbat

manbat Active Member

--------I has happened to me before on a 16GB before after the hack...so I didn't do it this time. Last time it corupted the card and all info was lost. This time I was able to reformate and it's working again. Seems to be working quicker after the reformat and data reload!
    Sent via Q9m/c Hybrid
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Sometimes you can force the phone to see the card by taking it out and popping t back in while the phone is on. But glad to hear everything is all good now.
  6. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

i have only run a 8gb card at max and it was perfect for many months. so i curious to know how many more people are running larger cards?
    ive seen a tester that has a 32gb card but didnt get feedback yet.
  7. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

anyone know why I may be getting an error trying to format an 8 or 16 GB card in the phone. I go to format and it keeps popping up " Unable to format". I'd rather format via the phone to be honest but I guess if need be I could do it on the comp and then try putting it in the phone again and see if that works. Any suggestions or input on which way or what I should try would be greatly appreciated.

On the this topic tho and not to get to side tracked where do you folks normally store all your music or videos so they are somewhat organized. Do you make specific folders on the card or just put it all in the Root.
  8. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I sync my songs via WMP on pc. It will organize songs for you in sd card. I don't store videos, but if I did I would create a folder for them.
  9. manbat

manbat Active Member

Music folder

<p>&lt;p&gt;
    &lt;/p&gt;</p>
    <p>&lt;p&gt;================&lt;/p&gt;</p>
    <p>&lt;p&gt;I use my computer to reformat. On the music....I have a My Music folder on the SDHC card..It was created with Media Player Sync.&lt;/p&gt;</p>
  10. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Had the same happen. Formated w/my laptop and no probs after. Ghost in the machine . . . HA !! -RIP
  11. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Thx for the info as always. I'm assuming when formatting with the comp do it Fat32 seeing as I haven't done a card this big with a comp yet for my phone so I want to do it right from the get go obviously. Always been lucky to get the phone to do it is why I ask.
  12. lildman

lildman New Member

MircoSD VS Micro SDHC

What is the difference here?? They appear to be the same, but I do not want to buy a card that will not work correctly.
    MicroSD VS Micro SDHC (corrected title)
  13. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

I had the same happen once before on a 9m or c so I've been doing them on my laptop ever since. Everything from 2 - now 16 GB. No problems ever again. Runs contrary to conventional wisdom, eh? You'd think on board format would be the thing to do. -RIP
  14. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Same thing . . . the added "HC" is just an abbrev for High Capacity. Some manufacturers or advertisers use it and some do not. -RIP
  15. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Generally, manufacturers will label a card SDHC if it's 4gb and higher.
  16. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

I always thought that amusing . . . remembering when 128 Mb was the highest capacity you could buy. :) -RIP
  17. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I think initially there was a difference between SDHC and SD. I think not too many devices were compatible with SDHC. Not true anymore. So the term is just used loosely now. Seems more of a marketing strategy now.
  18. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

EXACTLY !!! YOU are correct, sir. GREAT explanation. :) -RIP