1 Saga + 2 PC's= network?

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by blackmeto, Jun 27, 2009.

1. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

1 Saga + 2 PC's= network?

Anybody know how to use 1 Saga as a modem for two seperate pcs on a wireless network 1 with an adapter and 1 with a wireless router?
  2. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

anybody had any luck with multiple pcs in wmwifirouter?
    or pdanet?
    or anything else?
  3. SDNick484

SDNick484 New Member

Most PC's offer some sort of method to share their connections (e.g. I think Windows calls it Internet Connection Sharing). Instead of connecting both PC's to the one phone, I'd connect one PC to the phone and any additional PC's to that initial PC.
  4. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

Could you link me to a step by step or something?
    It looks like I will be setting this up over the phone.
    They will have one pda running pdanet connected to a desktop and a laptop connecting wirelessly. They already have a wireless router just no internet.
  5. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

At this point the desktop is connected to pdanet
    and the laptop is connected to the wireless router by a adapter
    I told them to put the ethernet cable from the desktop into the internet port on the router since that is where the internet is coming from and figured everything would fall into place and it didnt.

No matter which network cinnections are shared nothing changes except that their phone gets kicked out of activesync whenever they share the router's connection.

I dont know im just gonna tell them to get a beer and call it a day :smile:
  6. SDNick484

SDNick484 New Member

Sorry for the delayed reply, anyways this doc may help. Basically one of the machines becomes like a router. You connect that machine to the phone and all other machines to that machine. I don't run Windows at home, so it's been a while since I set something like this up, but it should work. Also I've never tried it in Vista, but the same principals apply.
  7. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

i've had multiple wifi clients tethering with icscontrol
  8. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

icscontrol?
    time to google

i know their setup is SAGA>PDANET>DESKTOP>wirelessROUTER<ADAPTER<LAPTOP
    when the desktop is plugged into the internet port on the router the internet light lights up. Wireless is enabled according to the ((i)). Laptop can connect to router through adapter (with a excellent connection) but laptop has no internet or any functionality network wise.
  9. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

I have iCScontrol conected to my desktop and its on the internet, Now the question is to figure out how to bring wireless into the equation.

Directions here(for 1 connection):
    For USB Tethering:
    1. Ensure Advanced compatibility is checked under the USB to PC settings for your mogul
    2. Start ICS Control
    3. Scroll down, hit Set All Defaults
    4. Choose Cellular Line 1 for Public Interface
    5. Choose RNDISFN1 for Private Interface (that's the USB port)
    6. Check Set Private IP and select the IP range you like (I use 192.168.0.1)
    7. Check Auto Connect to Network and choose Sprint
    8. Uncheck Allow Suspend Mode
    9. Hit Save, so you don't have to do the above anymore
    10. Hit Start ICS (there is no confirmation that it starts)
    11. Connect your USB Cable
    12. The first time, you may have to go enable the WM Network Adapter in your XP or Vista network control.

For Wifi Tethering:
    1. On the PPC, goto Settings/Connections/Wifi
    2. Under Networks to Access, choose only computer to computer
    3. Add New
    4. Choose a network name and select Work as the network to connect to
    5. Check the "this is a device to device connection" box
    6. Set up Wifi security however you like
    7. Follow steps 2-10 in USB tethering, except select TNETW12511 (Wifi) for the Private Interface
    8. Connect to the Wifi Network

I'm sure you can figure out BT after you've done those.
  10. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

just found this
    Yes you can, but it's not as simple as that... as is all things with computers :s

The router should have a WAN port, seperate to the numbered LAN ports. So 1, 2, 3, 4 + WAN. If it doesn't, the setup will be slightly different, but should still work.

For the WAN port setup:

You would need to share the internet connection in the PC, so the one created by the USB modem. Upon doing this, Windows should automatically give your LAN card an IP of 192.168.0.1 - this will now hand out addresses to any device on that port.

Now set the Wireless router up with an internet connection that does not require a login, and set it's WAN IP address to "receive one automatically". Which it is probably already set to - assigned by DHCP means the same thing, as does assigned by provider.

Now set the router to manage the LAN and be a DHCP server, but not on the 192.168.0.1 network. So set the Router DHCP Pool to start at 192.168.1.2 is your next best option - note that the second last number is the one that defines groups of addresses.

The router should now access your internet via your PC, and hand out addresses to any device plugged into it, and or wirelessly connected to it.

(but i cant share the WM device connection so Im stuck)
  11. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

I can say that icscontrol seems to be much faster than pdanet but it looks like they dont play well together on the same phone so since this is free, goodbye Junefabrics!